- How do I start an account with Lenoir Printing Inc?
Call or email us to set up an account. See our Contact page.
- What does PMS mean?
PMS is the Pantone Matching System. This system is used by the Printing Industry to print different ink colors. Each ink color has its own PMS number/name designated to it. Your sales representative will have a PMS book if you would like to select a color.
- What is the standard business card size? Envelope? Postcard?
Business card – 3.5 X 2
Postcard – 4.25 X 5.5, 4 X 6
Envelope — #10 is standard business envelope and is 4.125 X 9.5
- Why does my color proof look different than the image on my screen?
Several reasons. #1 All monitors are calibrated differently therefore no two
monitors will view the same. (After all isn’t there an adjustment on your monitor that you can brighten or darken at any time.) #2 You could be looking at the RGB version of the photo before it was converted to CMYK.
- Why can’t I use the image from my website for printing?
To ensure clear, crisp, accurate printing we need an image that is at least 300 dpi. at the correct size. (correct size meaning the size you will be using the image) Most often images taken from a web page are only 72 dpi which is great for viewing but not enough resolution for printing.
- What is embossing/debossing?
This is a design element that involves the raising/lowering of the paper’s surface. Often times companies will emboss/deboss their logo for a special effect.
- How can I see all my paper options?
Call Lenoir Printing Inc @ (828) 758-7260 and ask for a sales professional to discuss all your options.
- What file formats do you prefer?
We accept just about any type of file, but we prefer PDFs because they contain everything we need. Otherwise, you will need to collect all your files, fonts, images, etc. and email them to us. If printing goes to any edge, make sure to include 1/8” bleed.
- Where can I find information on creating and using PDF files?
- Can I send my Word/Excel/Publisher files?
We can accept native files, but with these particular programs, your file tends to take on the characteristics of your pc. Fonts do not match up from system to system. We prefer to receive these files as PDF with fonts embedded. Please print out your PDF to make sure it prints as expected.
- My quote has scoring on it. What does that mean?
It means you have most likely chosen a cover weight paper that folds. To make a clean accurate fold, it is necessary to indent the fold area by applying pressure with a metal rule/die.
- What is a die?
A die is an imaged block of metal rules used to make a special cut and/or place an image on paper in the finishing process.
- Why will my logo not enlarge without pixelating?
You most likely have the logo as a raster image (BITMAP) instead of a vector image. Providing us with a vector (.ai) file will ensure that your logo will print crisp and can be enlarged to any size. Vector programs – Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand, Corel Draw.
- How can I send my hi-res images to Lenoir Printing Inc?
Please Email or call our office at (828) 758-7260 for instructions.
- Could you help me with my design? I know just enough to be dangerous.
Of course we can. Contact your sales representative and we will certainly get you the guidance you need in preparing your files for print.
- What makes Lenoir Printing Inc different and why should I use your company for my printing needs?
We have been in business for over 30 years therefore, we have the knowledge and the experience. We are small enough to be very hands on with all your projects, yet large enough to handle all your bulk printing. We have an excellent staff that is dedicated to quality and we are certainly unmatched in customer service. In other words, we are here to fulfill your needs and make it an easy and friendly business relationship.